Saturday, March 7, 2009

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

Last week we enjoyed about two to three inches of snow fall. My friends and I immediately went outside to have a snowball fight and make snowmen. I felt like a little kid again playing in my backyard at home with my brother. The excitement and happiness overflowed and became contagious to anyone who walked by. After we had all settled down and gone back inside to drink hot chocolate and play smash bros I decided that I would go out later to enjoy the quite of the early morning. So around 3am I braved the biting cold and light snowfall to take pictures and enjoy the beauty and purity of snow. My thoughts and silence were soon broken as my eye caught a flash from another camera. I don't know why I didn't think anyone else was nuts enough to be walking around at this time in the morning taking pictures of snow covered trees and bikes but low and behold at least two other film students were outside with the same exact idea. Even after I had fulfilled my desire for pictures I remained outside to listen and appreciate nature. When such a beautiful act of nature such as snow occurs I often step back to take everything in. I wish that I could have become invisible, just observing the delicate flakes that end up brushed aside and stomped on by eager feet. I love seeing a field of undisturbed snow; no footprints, no sign of an interference. When I do come across such a field I am stopped in my tracks with aw and watch for a while without any concern for the passing time or my frozen nose and feet. A sensation washes over me, I no longer feel connected to myself or anything around me, I become an invisible eyeball. As such I neither interfere nor react, only observe and ponder the wonders of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment